Monday 22 August 2011

Reflection on 22 Aug 08 Class

I always had a hard time comprehending Math as I never did well in it in school. Yesterday's class really gave me a different perspective in learning Math. Dr Yeap made it interesting with using so many tools, taking them out from his bag non-stop. I must honestly say that I was lost some times especially in the finding out different ways of finding the answers in the last lesson. But I was in agreement with providing children with the same types of items to count and sort so that they do not get confused and see the properties clearly. As I think we do overlook this vital point when we bring materials to children to sort or count. I liked the card trick as well and I am keen to try it out with my children at home. I hope that being in Dr Yeap's class will bring back my love for Math and decrease my phobia as even when I looked at the quiz questions I'm freaking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment