Thursday 25 August 2011

Reflection on 25 class

Yesterday, we learnt how to fold our papers differently and how we can figure out fractions easily instead of how we were taught last time. I felt that if I was taught like this I would have attained distinction for my Math. As it made alot of sense how Dr Yeap had done the sum in such a short while rather than the long way. I guess that is why it is important to be a teacher who understands the best method to teach and understand which is the best method the child can easily adapt and learn.
I learnt that things like money and kilograms are called continuous quantity and things like marbles and monsters are called discreet quantity.
I realised that to make lessons more interesting I must include variations like part part whole and change problem sums so that the children are challenged with different types of problems sums. Zoltan Dienes has stressed that variation is important and not repetition.
Frankly fractions seemed alot simpler yesterday the way Dr Yeap had explained it than when I learnt it back in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment