Tuesday 30 August 2011

Reflection on 26th class

Today we learnt in depth about solving fractions sums and frankly I could understand some of it, which was a incredible discovery to me. I learnt about Bloom Taxonomy.
I understood that there are 3 levels of difficulty in primary school Math - A - application, C - comprehension and level 1 is K - knowledge level. KCA.
I learnt that when we are trying to teach the children we should not do the right and wrong face as this is an external artificial signal which the children will get used to and will be lost if they do not see the signal especially during exam time, we should coach them to learn the signals internally. We should question them even when they are right or wrong so that, that will stimulate them to think and reason out why they did the sum the way they did it.
I learnt about George Pick's theorum and we had a practice with learning how to calculate with dots.
I actually went back and gave a few of the sums that we had done to my two girls who are 11 and 9, and was impressed that they were able to do the sums and I was impressed that for the first time I could understand how they solved it.
Thank you Dr Yeap!

No comments:

Post a Comment